Umo (pronounced “you-mo”) is RVTD’s electronic fare payment system. It allows riders the flexibility to prepay and reload fare to a mobile device or tap card. Electronic readers are installed on all buses next to the farebox. Once an account is set up and fare added, riders can scan their mobile device or tap card at the electronic reader when boarding. Electronic fare reduces boarding times, and improves rider experience!
UMO has several advantages, including:
- Easy Boarding – UMO Pass users don’t need to show their pass to the driver. Just tap your card on the reader and wait for the green light to show that your fare has been approved.
- Automatic Transfers – A transfer credit is stored for 90 minutes (120 minutes on the weekend) after your first boarding and your next two rides will be free during that period. No need to ask your driver for a paper transfer.
- Stored Value and Fare Capping- Riders pay as they go and when they reach the cost of a day pass or monthly bus pass you can ride for free the rest of that day or month! Learn more about stored value and fare capping here.
Passengers with a registered UMO Pass card get even more benefits:
- Online Fare Purchases – Passengers with registered cards can buy passes from the convenience of their home or on their smartphone.
- Pass Protection – Your passes, transfers, and punch cards are safe, even if you lose your card.*
- Automated Alerts – We’ll send an email to you when your pass is nearing expiration or your fare is running low.
- Autoload – You can set-up autoload to automatically purchase fare once your account gets low on fare.
For passengers who already have a UMO Pass card, visit www.umopass.com to register your account, purchase fare products, or manage your account (for help registering your card). For passengers who don’t have a card but would like one, please visit Front Street Station or call (541) 779-5821 for more information. Cards have a default expiration of 10 years from the date of activation.
Where can I get a Umo card and how do I use it?
Passengers can purchase a Umo card at Front Street Station for $2. Valley Lift passengers can purchase a Umo card loaded with $20 of stored value from their driver for $22. All RVTD buses are equipped with a Umo electronic fare reader. To use your card to board the bus simply tap your Umo card on the reader next to the farebox.
*All use of the TouchPass and UMO Pass system including but not limited to the Touchpass or UMO Pass Card, Website, and Reader are subject to RVTD policy and the terms and conditions available for viewing at www.umopass.com
The UMO Pass Mobile App offers the latest in fare payment technology .
Paying for your bus ride is easy with the UMO Pass mobile app. The UMO app allows you to buy and use bus fare from your mobile device. Just download the app and follow the instructions to setup your account.
Riders should plan to establish a Umo account and purchase fare before boarding the bus. All RVTD buses are equipped with an Umo electronic fare reader. When ready to board, open the MyWallet section of your app to display the QR Code. Face the mobile device to the Umo reader to scan purchased fare. When fare is accepted, the reader will display a green light.
What if I already have a Umo card and want to start using the Umo App?
When you download and open the Umo App for the first time, enter your existing Umo card number to replace the Umo Card with the Umo App. Your Cash Balance, passes, transfer rights and transaction history will all be preserved since those are part of your Umo account. Once you begin using the Umo App, your Umo Card is no longer usable and should be cut in half and disposed. Passengers can only use one fare media at a time, either a card or the mobile app. If you simply wish to load fare on your Umo card use the passenger portal (www.umopass.com) not the mobile app.