Fare Products and Pricing
Transfer Passes are valid for two trips within 90 minutes of being issued. Request one from driver at the time fare payment.
Special Fare Products
Summer Youth Pass (June, July, August)
Helping Hands Pass (6-rides)
Where to Buy Fare Products
Passes can be purchased at the following locations:
- Transfer Station at 200 S. Front Street in Medford
- RVTD Administration Building at 3200 Crater Lake Avenue in Medford
- City of Ashland Utilities Office at 20 E. Main Street in Ashland
- Online! Visit our TouchPass page for more information.
RVTD offers Reduced Fare for any of the following passengers:
- Passengers 62 years or older
- Passengers 10-17 years
- Medicare cardholders
- Disabled Veterans (see below for details)
- Valley Lift Clients
- People with disabilities (with RVTD issued Reduced Fare ID)
To obtain a Reduced Fare ID Card, go to the RVTD Transfer Station at 200 S. Front Street in Medford (Monday – Friday, 6:00 am to 6:00 pm) and ask the customer service agent at the window for an application to get a Reduced Fare Card. Fill out the form and have a physician verify your disability and sign the form. Return the completed form to RVTD. Pay $2.00 for the picture ID to the customer service agent. You may now pay the reduced fare on the bus. A VALID Valley Lift ID card is also considered a Reduced Fare Card. Presentation of either card is required when purchasing any reduced fare ride, pass or token*.
*Two reduced fare tokens will no longer be accepted as a full fare payment.
Veterans who have the following credentials qualify for reduced fare:
- VA SORCC ID that is stamped with “service connected”
- Temporary inpatient ID card from the VA SORCC (Your home card, valid only while you are an inpatient)
- Picture ID with your date of birth showing you are 62 years or older
- Government ID card stating you have a disability
- RVTD reduced fare ID card
UMO Pass Coming to RVTD on April 5th! Stored Value and Fare Capping Option.
UMO Pass is coming to RVTD on April 5th, 2021. UMO Pass will offer passengers with a new way to ride the bus through stored value and fare capping.
This new option will provide passengers with another simple, affordable, and fair way to ride RVTD. No more need to purchase a pass up-front. Just pay your fare as you ride and once you spend $6 per day ($3 for reduced fare riders) or $56 per month ($28 for reduced fare riders) the UMO Pass/TouchPass system will cap your account and you won’t have to pay for any additional rides that day or for the rest of the month!
How does it work?
- Passengers load money known as ‘stored value’ into their UMO Pass/TouchPass account. You can load anywhere from $5 -$120 at a time.
- As you ride, the TouchPass/UMO Pass system deducts fare value from your account for each trip. Don’t worry, transfers are still free.
- Daily Cap: Once you have paid a total of $6 that day ($3 for reduced fare) the UMO Pass/TouchPass system will let you ride fare free for the rest of the day. That means whether you ride 4x or 10x that day you won’t pay more than $6!
- Monthly Cap: Then starting at the beginning of the calendar month, UMO Pass/TouchPass will start counting how many times you ride. Once you have used $56 in fare ($28 reduced fare) the UMO Pass/TouchPass system will let you ride fare free for the rest of the month. For someone who rides to and from work every day, after 14 days, no matter how many more times you ride you won’t pay anymore that calendar month!
- Protect your fare! Register your UMO Pass/TouchPass account at TouchPass.com. With a registered account if your card is lost or stolen your account balance can be transferred to a new card.
- All TouchPass/UMO Pass sales are final, non-transferable, and non-refundable.