Fare Products and Pricing
No Refunds or Exchanges on Fares Purchased. | When paying cash, exact change is required. | Operators do not provide change. | Youth aged 9 years of age and younger ride free with parent or guardian. | Umo cards and replacement cost $2.
Transfer Passes are valid for two trips within 90 minutes of being issued. Request one from driver at the time fare payment.
Special Fare Products
Summer Youth Pass (June, July, August)
Helping Hands Pass (6-rides)
Non-profit organizations. Contact us for details.
Stored Value and Fare Capping
In addition to the fare products listed above RVTD also offers stored value fare. Stored value allows passengers to load as little as $5 at a time to their Umo account. Each time you ride the bus the cost of a trip is automatically deducted from your account (not including free transfers). With fare capping you will never pay more than $56 in a month ($28 for Reduced Fare) 0r $6 in a day ($3 for Reduced Fare) no matter how many times you ride! Learn more about stored value and fare capping.
Where to Buy Fare Products
Passes can be purchased at the following locations:
- Front Street Transfer Station at 200 S. Front Street in Medford
- RVTD Administration Building at 3200 Crater Lake Avenue in Medford
- City of Ashland Utilities Office (Temporarily Closed)
- Online! If you have a registered TouchPass or Umo Card you can purchase fare online.
- With the ‘Umo Mobility App’.
- Cash is accepted on board the bus at fare box for single trip payments. Exact change is required, operators do not provide change.
RVTD offers Reduced Fare for any of the following passengers:
- Passengers 62 years or older (with photo ID)
- Passengers 10-17 years (With completed Youth Fare Application available at Front Street Station)
- Medicare cardholders
- Disabled Veterans (see below for details)
- Valley Lift Clients
- People with disabilities (with RVTD issued Reduced Fare ID)
To obtain a Reduced Fare ID Card, go to the RVTD Transfer Station at 200 S. Front Street in Medford (Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm) and ask the customer service agent at the window for an application to get a Reduced Fare Card. Fill out the form and have a physician verify your disability and sign the form. Return the completed form to RVTD. Pay $2.00 for the picture ID to the customer service agent. You may now pay the reduced fare on the bus. Additionally VALID Valley Lift ID card, current Medicare card or certain veteran’s benefits (see below) is also considered a Reduced Fare Card. Presentation of one of these cards is required when purchasing any reduced fare ride, pass or token*.
*Two reduced fare tokens will no longer be accepted as a full fare payment.
Veterans who have the following credentials qualify for reduced fare:
- VA SORCC ID that is stamped with “service connected”
- Temporary inpatient ID card from the VA SORCC (Your home card, valid only while you are an inpatient)
- Picture ID with your date of birth showing you are 62 years or older
- Government ID card stating you have a disability
- RVTD reduced fare ID card
*There is no 7 day grace period with stored value fare. Fare Capping is only valid for the day or calendar month in which it was earned, once a new day or month begins the system resets and resumes charging for fare. Stored Value Fare is valid for only one rider/passenger, a passback limit is in place for stored value fare. Anti-passback is a security measure that aims to prevent consecutive transactions for one Umo/Touchpass card or account that has stored value, it prevents multiple people from using the same card/account to use the bus.