RVTD is excited to provide free Wi-Fi service to our passengers to stay informed about transit service, purchase fare, and to connect with family, friends, and work. We hope the service will make your time on the bus more enjoyable and productive! Free public Wi-Fi is now available on all RVTD fixed route buses.
The network on each bus is called RVTD_PublicWiFi so you can connect with confidence. It is best used for simple online tasks and the WiFi speed may not be ideal for streaming video and music. The signal uses the same technology as your mobile phone, so it’s limited to the areas where mobile phones receive a good signal.
We’re excited to add this new feature on all RVTD buses to give our riders a new convenience and an even better experience on the bus. Happy riding!
Tips and Rules for Using Free WiFi:
- Use earbuds or headphones when play audio or video.
- Do not ask bus operators for help connecting with wifi.
- Public wireless access may not be secure. Not recommended to use this network for the transfer of sensitive data.
- RVTD has enabled some content filters on the public wifi network, restricting access to certain content.
- Enjoy the free wifi service but don’t forget your stop!
If your phone isn’t connecting, here are a couple of things you can try:
- It’s always good to restart your phone once in a while. Try powering down the phone, then turning it back on again. This solves the problem most of the time.
- Make sure your WiFi is on. Visit your phone settings to make sure WiFi is active.
- Remember to wait until a bus has left Front Street Station before connecting to a network. All buses have the same network name, so you might be connecting to another bus and losing that connection when leaving Front Street Station.
- While we cannot offer technical support directly to riders, we always want to know if you’re having an issue so that we can make sure it’s not a problem with our system. Contact us here.