Start your career with RVTD and join a team of individuals working together to provide exceptional public transit service throughout the Rogue Valley. We are currently recruiting for new bus operators to join the RVTD team. Bus operators play one of the most important roles in our organization, getting our community members where they need to go! Whether passengers are going to a doctor’s appointment, work, school, shopping or visiting family and friends our bus operators get them there safely and on time. As an RVTD bus operator you will be crucial to the vitality of our community.
Wages and Benefits
RVTD offers a competitive pay and an excellent benefits package. During your first 12 months as a bus operator, you’ll receive $25.26 an hour and will have guaranteed pay increases every year until the top pay is reached at $35.23. After four years, full-time bus operators make more than $70,000 annually.
As an RVTD employee you will receive an excellent benefits package, including:
- Low to no-cost medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance.
- HRA/VEBA employer paid contributions.
- Life and AD&D insurance (additional voluntary life insurance offered at discounted rate).
- Defined contribution retirement plan with 2% company contribution (and up to an additional 6% match).
- Deferred compensation retirement plan.
- Long term disability employer paid.
- Short term disability (offered).
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Generous discretionary leave accrual with paid holidays:
- New Year’s Day (January 1st)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25th)
- Martin Luther King Day (Third Monday in January)
- Juneteenth (June 19th)
- Robust employee wellness program with discounted gym membership and reimbursement of qualified wellness activities.
- Free employee bus pass for employee and family.
- Employer paid uniforms.
Part-time bus operators qualify for full benefits!
You will be operating a bus in all weather conditions and with varying routes. You will interact with the public and provide excellent customer service to riders of different abilities, cultures and backgrounds. Download the full job description.
Career Opportunities and Growth at RVTD
As an RVTD bus operator you will have opportunities to grow with the organization and expand your career. There are great examples throughout RVTD of career opportunities for our bus operators. Many staff in Customer Service, Dispatch, Finance, Planning, Operations and Management have all got their start as bus operators. To apply please complete an Employment Application and return to RVTD via email or drop odd.
RVTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer- EEO Policy Statement.
RVTD is currently looking for bus operators see our full list of job postings.