With the increase in gas prices many in our community might be looking for ways to save some money at the pump. Exploring your transportation options is a great way to reduce your fuel and parking costs. We are here to help you connect to your options and save money.
Riding the bus!
Riding RVTD is an affordable and convenient way of getting where you need to go. The cost of a full fare bus trip is just $2, and there are many ways to save on fare by using stored value where you will never be charged more than the daily or monthly cap, $6 daily full fare cap or $56 monthly full fare cap, no matter how many times you ride that day or month. We are currently providing a FREE Umo card, regularly $2, to any new passengers choosing stored value! Visit Front Street Station to get your FREE Umo Card or download the Umo Mobility App to purchase fare and ride immediately.
- Plan your trip! Using the Google Trip Planner makes planning your next bus trip easy, showing you which route gets you where you need to go, when you need to get there. You can also view all of our routes and schedules online. Check-out realtime bus information using the Transit App.
- Pay for fare: View all of your fare options.
- Need some bus riding tips? Visit our ‘How to Ride’ page.
- Enjoy your trip! RVTD offers free Wi-Fi on all RVTD buses, making your commute a little more enjoyable and productive.
Interested in carpooling!
RVTD provides an easy way to find or post a carpool so you can share the cost of the ride. Get There Oregon is the statewide, online ridematching tool built to help you connect with others going your way for school, work, or shopping. To sign-up visit: GetThereOregon.org
- Save Money! With rising fuel costs sharing the ride can cut your commute costs by 50% or more!
- Reduce your carbon footprint! Carpooling reduces your fuel consumption and carbon emissions.
- Carpooling is easy! Consider carpooling with friends, family, or coworkers. Need help connecting with other commuters? No worries,
Get There Oregon can help!
Ride your bike!
Riding your bike is a great way to get around, save money, and burn some calories. By replacing even some of your car trips with bike trips you can save money on gas and get some exercise. You can also combine commute modes, consider riding the bus AND biking, every RVTD bus has a bike rack that fits 3 bikes. Learn more about loading your bike on the bus.
RVTD hosts many events and campaigns throughout the year encouraging biking. The Bike Swap is back this year and will be held on April 30th, offering a great opportunity to find a “new” set of wheels. We will also be promoting Go By Bike Week from May 16-22, 2022, with chances to win prizes for logging your bike trips!