It can be intimidating to board a bus for the first time! Have you ever thought about trying the bus system but decided against it because there were too many “unknowns”? Where does it go? How do I know where to get off the bus? How do I let the driver know? Can I bring my bicycle? How much does it cost and how do I pay? What if I have mobility problems?
RVTD’s Travel Training program gives you the freedom to try our fixed route bus system. Our Travel Trainer, Mike Bowman, would be happy to help you learn how to use the bus system in a one-on-one or small group meeting designed to answer questions and ease any anxieties you may have about boarding, de-boarding, when and where the routes go and which stops may be most useful to you whether for shopping, appointments, visiting friends and family, or just getting out and experiencing our beautiful Rogue Valley. If this sounds like something you’d like to know more about, please call Mike at 541-608-2420 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a whole new world of transportation independence right at your fingertips!
What does Travel Training teach?
We tailor the program to your needs and help you learn to:
- Plan your trip.
- Read and understand route maps and schedules.
- Understand how to use our online trip planning tools.
- Get to and from bus stops.
- Identify, board and get off buses.
- Make transfers.
- Be safe and aware at bus stops, transfer points, transit centers and on buses.
- Maneuver a mobility device if needed.
- Know what to do in an emergency.
- Follow transit etiquette.
- Communicate your needs to the driver.