Purpose and Mission:
The Accessible Working Group (AWG) has been created with the well-being of older adults and individuals with disabilities in mind, primarily within the Rogue Valley Transportation District boundaries, as well as other areas as located within Jackson County, Oregon. The committee’s main objectives are as follows:
- Advocacy for Inclusive Transportation: Serve as a strong voice for older adults and individuals with disabilities, advocating for inclusive and accessible transportation services within the community.
- Access Enhancement: Identify and address accessibility barriers in transportation, making recommendations to improve physical accessibility of transportation facilities, vehicles, and services.
- Policy Development: Collaborate in the development of transportation policies and initiatives that prioritize the needs of older adults and individuals with disabilities, ensuring their concerns are heard and integrated.
- Public Outreach: Conduct outreach efforts to raise awareness about the unique challenges and requirements of older adults and individuals with disabilities in transportation, engaging the community in understanding and supporting these needs.
- Resource Allocation: Work with relevant agencies and stakeholders to allocate resources and funding for transportation services that cater to the specific needs of older adults and individuals with disabilities.
- Service Quality Assurance: Monitor and assess the quality of transportation services provided to these populations, ensuring services meet or exceed established standards.
- Education and Training: Develop and provide educational programs and training materials for transportation providers and staff to enhance their understanding and responsiveness to the needs of older adults and individuals with disabilities.
- Information Dissemination: Serve as a hub for the distribution of information about available transportation options, benefits, and subsidies that cater to older adults and individuals with disabilities.
- Advocacy for Funding: Lobby for increased funding and resources for transportation services aimed at serving older adults and individuals with disabilities, including advocating for fare reductions and subsidies.
- Transportation Options Assessment: Evaluate the suitability and effectiveness of various transportation modes, seeking to expand and diversify options that meet the diverse mobility needs of the target populations.
- Emergency Response Planning: Develop and implement transportation plans tailored to the needs of older adults and individuals with disabilities during emergencies, ensuring their safe evacuation and access to essential services.
- Community Building: Foster a sense of community among older adults and individuals with disabilities who rely on transportation services, facilitating peer support networks and shared experiences.
- Collaborative Partnerships: Collaborate with other advocacy groups, service providers, and government agencies to amplify the committee’s efforts in securing transportation services that prioritize the needs of older adults and individuals with disabilities.
The Committee’s responsibilities encompass the following areas:
1. Offering advice and making recommendations on service requirements for older adults and individuals with disabilities.
2. Providing guidance and making recommendations on the development of forms, marketing materials, and plans.
3. Offering advice and making recommendations on media plans.
4. Exploring unutilized transportation resources.
5. Providing guidance and making recommendations on the coordination of existing transportation services.
6. Offering advice and making recommendations on STIF Provider Programs, including the allocation of funds.
7. Providing guidance and making recommendations on initiatives that enhance STIF programs or facilitate the needs of program users.
8. Developing policies to govern the activities of the Committee.
Additional Committee Information
- Eligible Valley Lift riders will receive complimentary transportation to and from in-person AWG meetings.
- Currently, all AWG meetings are held virtually every two months. In-person meetings are typically held at the TransLink offices located at 239 E. Barnett Road, Medford, Oregon 97504.
- For additional details about our AWG meetings or if you wish to get involved in our transportation committee, please reach out to our offices at 541.842.2080.
To request committee membership, please complete the application form provided below and submit it to our office at the following address: 239 E. Barnett Road, Medford, Oregon 97501 or email to
|STAC APP 2018.PDF (2364.1kb)|
Archive of Agendas & Minutes
|December 15, 2021||Agenda
|October 20, 2021||Agenda|
|August 18, 2021||Agenda|
|June 21, 2021||Agenda|
|April 21, 2021||Agenda|
|January 6, 2021||Agenda|
|October 21, 2020||Agenda|
|August 19, 2020||Agenda|
|June 17, 2020||Agenda|
|May 20, 2020||Agenda|
|February 19, 2020||Agenda|
Agendas are not posted until the meeting date takes place. Minutes are posted once they have been approved.